Ministry opening: Senior Associate at Revival Church
Hi, please forward this to anybody you know who may be interested in this open position. Thank you!
Revival Church in Madison Heights, Michigan is a vibrant, exciting ministry of revival that was planted by John and Amy Burton in 2009. (www.detroitrevivalchurch.com) Revival Church is an active member of Barbara Yoder’s Breakthrough Apostolic Ministries Network.
We are prayerfully seeking the right person, or married couple, to assume the role of Senior Associate.
Revival Church is a unique prophetic environment that is unapologetically focused on prayer-fueled revival, regional transformation and raising up forerunners and leaders. In addition to a powerful local atmosphere, we are developing theLab School of Fire (www.revivallab.com) and the Revival Tribe (www.revivaltribe.com) church planting strategy. The Senior Associate must both embrace and be a catalyst for the vision of the house and region.
The Senior Associate will report directly to John Burton who will be assuming a more regional apostolic and prophetic role. Locally, John will be the primary communicator and overseer while the Senior Associate will be directly responsible for a variety of functions including:
- Developing and overseeing a pastoral care strategy for both staff and the body (including hospital visitation, connecting with members, etc.)
- Giving direct supervision and pastoral care to senior staff
- Choosing and training new staff
- Providing administrative leadership
- Leading staff meetings
- Visitor assimilation
- Developing and overseeing a membership strategy
- Developing and overseeing local church growth strategies
- Supporting John and Amy as they continue to cast vision, develop ministries and fulfill the vision
- Occasional Sunday teaching and service administration
- Provide pastoral care for theLab School of Fire and Revival Tribes as needed
- Be a liaison for John and Amy
The candidate must exhibit the following characteristics:
- Be a strong and visible servant to the body
- Be teachable
- Have a commitment to holiness
- Have a deep and growing prayer life
- Be extremely proactive on a daily basis
- Ability to counsel
- Ability to plan and conduct services, conferences and events
- Ability to lead teams effectively and raise up new leaders
- Available and responsible to set and meet goals
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain a professional demeanor, servant’s heart and a can-do attitude
- Ability to teach
- Ability to receive direction and feedback from supervisors
- A determination to support the theology of Revival Church
This is an unpaid yet demanding position. At least ten hours per week in addition to services and events will be required. Salary will be discussed as the church grows and at regular staff evaluations.
Revival Church isn’t easily defined by any one of the prevailing leaders or streams, but is flavored by several of them including:
- IHOP-KC (Prayer, end-times, intimacy)
- Brownsville/Bay of the Holy Spirit (Revival, repentance)
- Classic Vineyard (Worship)
- Bethel (Worship)
- Leonard Ravenhill
- John Bevere
- Lou Engle
If you are a zealous follower of Jesus Christ with experience in church leadership, and you feel you would be a good fit on the Revival Church team, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Please include your vision for ministry, your experience and why you feel you’d be a good choice for Senior Associate. Keep in mind, this role requires someone who is highly pastoral and who can be viewed functionally as the Senior Pastor of a growing church.